4.4.2015

Return of the lazy one part 1 of 999

Year 2015, or year of the goat as the chinese astrology tells.

How does my topic headline, or astrology has to do anything with blogs or sports you may ask? Well, to be honest I wasn't really sure how I would start to write again after almost nine (9) months of low-profile and no writing at all.

Major reason of this silence was due to being busy at work, but also because I kinda got leg injury and had to stay out of exercising for awhile. I got the OK to start running again some time ago, but I didn't know how to continue. I wasn't even sure where i had left off and how I would go on from here.

Earlier this year I started running in a "easymode" if you could call it that, 30 minutes to 60 minutes of jogging, just to get the feel of the excitement of running again. I've also done bicycling for 45-60 minutes few times a week also. It's sort of relaxing to watch for example womens football match and ride a bicycle indoors while watching TV. I haven't really watched womens football matches before, but it was entertaining for sure.

How did I end up in this lazy state of trying to find my way back to competitions? Well, if you ever start a running or jogging as hobby, make sure you go to a professionals to buy your shoes from. If the person selling the shoes to you just know the brand name and that they are superpopular and fit for everyone - run, just run and go to some other store. I fell for this and since i am not the sharpest pencil in the pen case, I sort of continue to use wrong shoes for awhile, even if my legs told me to stop - well, result was insane pain and the like.

In any case, my goal is to start to feel the world of running again and I've set my sight on Helsinki City Run (half marathon) and Helsinki City Marathon (full-lenght marathon). If I participate and complete both runs on time, it is going to be my 3rd time participating in both (and managing to cross the finish line)!

My current employee has paid for my entry to participate in HCR. It was kind for them to support me, even if im not at the best running shape ever. Will be a honor to carry our schools name on this t-shirt I got from them. Oh, I probably haven't told this - but my contract was made permanent and my employee, is Stadin ammattiopisto, which belongs to city of Helsinki and is part of Bureau of Education. I've been working there for a year now and I couldn't be happier. I love the work community and nearly everything there. I can happily say I love my work. How many can say they can share thoughts and ideas and develop new ways to improve the working grounds they do? Not many, but everyone is treated equally and I have gotten the feel that superiors care for their workers.

It was refreshing to write this blog, after some time since last post. My teacher at university said to me, that the most difficult part of writing, is the start, you just have to let go and go with the flow. Words will come as you write. She was correct. This was my first blog post in year 2015 and I hope there will be many more to come as I hope I am now back permanently, in the world of running. Happy year 2015, as it is the year of goat!

Ps. I personally have born in the year of rat - do you know what chinese animal year you have been born in?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

You can now add comments without having to be registered. All comments will be reviewed before they show up on the blog page.

Thank you for commenting!